List:       freeswitch-dev
Subject:    [Freeswitch-dev] SIP INFO carrying MSML
From:       Owen Williams <williams.owen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-28 11:31:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I'm looking into the possibility of getting basic msml support into
freeswitch.  We have a few applications hosted on a remote SIP Application
server that already use MSML against another media server.  The application
acts as a back2back between a caller and the media server and sends info
messages (inside an invite dialog) to the media server with the INFO sdp
containing MSML (e.g. play file, join conf, etc).

I'm a bit new to freeswitch but I'm guessing mod_sofia would need to
modified to send info events to a new module or to the ESL, and mod_sofia
also needs to be capable of receiving events to send INFOs back to the
remote B2B.

There was a bounty completed about 18 months ago (Generate and be notified
of SIP INFO messages) however this may have been only for out of dialog
INFOs.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Bounty#Generate_and_be_notified_of_SIP_INFO_messages

Any information as to whether the above bounty made it into trunk and how it
can be enabled would be appreciated.  I'd like to have a play with writing a
MSML processor through ESL as I've far more experience with ESL than writing
c modules.

Regards,

Owen