List:       freespeech
Subject:    [Freespeech] Project update
From:       Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin () hermes ! usherb ! ca>
Date:       2000-05-13 4:15:41

Hi everybody,

Here's an update about what's going on with Open Mind Speech:

1) We've moved to sourceforge. Due to the fact that OPN (on.openprojects.net)
could not host our CVS anymore, I've moved the project to sourceforge.net. There
are many advanteages to that, like the ease of project management. The new
homepage is at http://freespeech.sourceforge.net and the sourceforge projet page
is at https://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=590 (for bug reports, support
requests, ...)

which you can subscribe at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/freespeech-general
This list will replace the old one, and I invite everyone to subscribe to it.

2) Version 0.1.2 has been released. This is mainly a bug-fix release over 0.1.
source code and linux x86 (Mandrake 7.0) binaries are available from
sourceforge.

3) We've started work on an audio visualization tool called "Visix". It is
designed to be very extensible. It is not very usable yet, but it can already
display spectrograms of multiple audio files in u-law, a-law, short, ... The
code is in CVS (under the "visix" directory), but is not included in the 0.1.2
release. Any comment/idea/code would be appreciated.

4) Part of the Open Mind Speech project is about audio data collection over the
internet. However, I do not have much time to put on that now. If anybody is
interrested in taking charge of that part of the project, just contact me.

5) Another topic for which there is no work being done is integration of CMU
Sphinx in Open Mind Speech. Anyone interested?

Well, that's it for this update.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique