List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: FreeRadius 3.2.3 not starting due to missing MongoDB driver
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2023-08-22 14:17:20

On Aug 22, 2023, at 9:59 AM, Ibrahim Al Mahfooz <ibrahim.nezar@sevennet.net> wrote:

> Thank you Alan. We will give it a try in a testing environment. However
> since there is a performance penalty thing you highlighted in the other
> thread
> https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2023-August/103491.html,
> actually we changed our mind when it came to production until that async
> API driver get developed by Mongo. We also put my vote on the Mongo page
> for this request.

  The performance penalty is likely the difference between 5K packets/s and 20K \
packets/s.  So if you have a small system, it doesn't matter.

  The async stuff in v4 is largely there to permit higher scaling.  i.e. millions to \
tens of millions of users.  Right now, v3 runs just fine for hundreds of thousands of \
users and more.  But it could be better, which is why we're doing v4.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html