List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: EAP Failure Code 4
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2023-07-18 15:14:28

On Jul 18, 2023, at 11:00 AM, Paul Bone <paul.bone@probitas-solutions.tech> wrote:
> Thanks Gerald, I was just hoping someone might have already had a similar issue \
> with Unifi APs as it is very hard to get debugging logs when customers are shouting \
> at 1st line support that their WiFi is not working and they don't want to wait for \
> us to gather info - they want it rebooted and back up ASAP.
> I asked here as ubiquiti support have not been the greatest with us so far.
>
> I obviously didn't word my original request correctly.

  If you want to know WHY FreeFADIUS is sending a reject, then run it in debug mode.  \
There is NO OTHER WAY to understand the problem.  ALL of the documentation says this. \
Including the message you get when you join the list.

  We've spent decades writing documentation, only for some people to go "Nah, I'm not \
going to read that".  And then complaining loudly about being asked to read the docs.

  This is entirely inappropriate in a public forum.

  And I do have to point out the inherent confusion in asking "What does failure \
mean", and then being happy when the answer is "failure means failure".

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html