List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Freeradius proxy times out after 14 seconds
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2023-05-31 13:40:57

On May 30, 2023, at 5:32 PM, raido.rattameister@gmail.com wrote:
> To exclude my company OS hardening influence to Freeradius behaviour I
> downloaded and installed Untuntu 22.04.2 Server.
> Freeradius install (apt install freeradius) was done right after clean OS
> install.

  The setting to look at is "response_window" from the home_server configuration.

> Exactly same result.
> After 14 seconds I get reject back.
>
> Any other ideas where to look at?

  The configuration...

> realm example.org {
> nostrip
> authhost = 203.0.113.5
> secret = <<< secret >>>
> }

  You're not setting response_window here.

> (0) Proxying request to home server 203.0.113.5 port 1812 timeout 14.000000

  Look at the configuration for home server 203.0.113.5.

  Set response_window.

  As I said, the "timeout 14.000" is taken from (a) the client response_window, or \
(b) the home_server response_window.

  There is no magic here.  You need to set response_window.

  In my tests, if I set response_window=20, then I get "Proxying request to home \
server ... timeout 20.00000"

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html