List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Some clients not using EAP-TLS anymore
From:       "Steinhagen, Tom via Freeradius-Users" <freeradius-users () lists ! freeradius ! org>
Date:       2022-08-09 15:09:45

You don't indicate what OS these machines are running, but in the past I have \
observed Windows-based machines lose their preferred authentication configuration \
(certificate vs other EAP methods) when network drivers were updated. Since our \
configuration only permits certificate authentication for Windows-based PCs, other \
EAP methods fail and the switches will failover to MAB per their configuration. The \
cycle repeats ad nauseum until the client is reconfigured for proper authentication.