List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 205, Issue 1
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2022-05-01 15:41:24

On May 1, 2022, at 5:27 PM, thyde rndstudio.com <thyde@rndstudio.com> wrote:

> Alan -  thank you; that was the same path I was (kind of) working down (although I \
> didn't show the explicit example), and it was giving me the unable to load module \
> errors. From your example it dawned on me since I had used hyphens in the file and \
> module names, perhaps the interpreter was being confused, so I used the "eap2" \
> example to start more simply, but still get the same error:
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-enabled/eap2[2]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_eap2': \
> /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_eap2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or \
> directory

  Because you're not following my example, or the documentation.  You're using:

	eap2 {

  Instead of:

	eap ssid1 {

  The files mods-available/README.rst is very clear on this.

> (TL/DR: it's not the hyphens, it was contradictory information on how to replicate \
> module sections from the documentation and past list info;

  The documentation in mods-available/README.rst is clear.  It comes with the server. \
It's correct.

> If you find some search results that illustrate to copy the eap "module" and rename \
> sections of it - don't copy the FILE as those instructions infer!

  Why not?  It works.

> Copy the eap SECTION inside of mods-available/eap while still INSIDE of eap file, \
> with renaming. such as in mods-available/eap:
> eap {
> ... }
>
> eap SSID-A {
> ...}

  That works.  But copying the file works, too.  The server uses $INCLUDE to include \
files "in place".  It doesn't matter if the text is in the same file, or split into \
multiple files.

  But you have to include the file.  If you add things to mods-available, the server \
won't load them.  Because it loads modules from the mods-enabled directory.  As per \
the documentation and examples.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html