List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: warning and ignore radius log messages
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2022-04-29 14:37:37

On Apr 29, 2022, at 10:30 AM, Can Paçacı <pacaci@servisnet.com.tr> wrote:
> How can we find where there are a corruption or misconfiguration in the database? \
> Could you please help a bit for that.

  It's not corruption.  The database is slow.

> According to customer needs and integrations, the changes we made in the radius \
> database are  to add some tables and add columns to some tables and also created \
> some indexes. And also it keeps a single record for each session then it was \
> updating this in incoming messages about the session. But we changed it to open a \
> log for every incoming message.

  The default configuration works, and is fast.  If you make changes, then you have \
to understand what the impact of those changes are.

  If you add too many indexes, then the database will get slow.  On the other hand, \
if you have 100 million rows and no indexes, then the database will also be slow.

  You have to configure the queries and database to do the least amount of work \
possible for every packet.  That's the only way to fix things.

  Some general recommendations are here:  \
https://networkradius.com/articles/2022/01/10/its-always-the-database.html

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html