List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Integration GO language into Freeradius
From:       Martin Gignac <martin.gignac () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-03-21 13:54:26

> Go can be complied into an executable so I would assume if the OP wanted to
> do it they could just use rlm_exec and do it that way.

That's true. I think I even went this route in the beginning, but
ultimately opted from rlm_rest. The documentation for rlm_exec states
that "This module is useful for gluing third-party programs into
FreeRADIUS. However, executing programs is very slow. The exec module
may look like it works for one or two tests, but in a live situation
it can cause the server to become unresponsive under load. The perl
module is recommended for general-purpose computing.", so I don't know
how performant it is compared with rlm_rest.

-Martin
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html