List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Freeradius not sending traffic-shaping attributes randomly (Works when in debug mode)
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2021-12-16 14:35:27

On Dec 16, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Antônio Modesto <modesto@hubsoft.com.br> wrote:
> The attributes are coming from the database, from the radgroupreply table.

  It shouldn't take 4 rounds of messages for you to say this.

  The more information you give, the easier it is for us to help you.  If you don't \
give any useful information, we're left guessing.

> My configuration is basically the default one with minor adjustments. I use \
> attr_filter to not send attributes from one vendor to another, but I already \
> checked that and it is not the source of the problem. I think it may be caused by \
> the bug reported by our friend in a previous message.

  Except that when the SQL module can't get the group membership information, the \
module returns "fail".  Which results in an Access-Reject.

  The ONLY way for it to return Access-Accept is if you edited the configuration, so \
that the server ignored the sql module "fail".

  So again, you should understand what you did to your local configuration.  The \
server works exactly as you *want*, in that failed group lookups result in reject.  \
However, the server also works exactly how you *configured* it, which is to over-ride \
the default, and instead return "accept" when group lookups fail.

  The lesson here is (a) describe what you're doing in detail, and (b) understand \
what you've configured the server to do.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html