List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: 802.1X - ntlm, Secure LDAP and dynamic vlan
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2021-08-25 12:00:20

On Aug 24, 2021, at 11:04 PM, Ray Burquest <rburquest@respiro.com.au> wrote:
> I couldn't locate the NAS documentation could you provide the link.

  I don't know what NAS you have.  You do.

  When someone asks "how do I make the NAS do X", then the answer is usually "read \
the NAS documentation".

  We can help with questions about FreeRADIUS.  We don't keep documentation (or even \
links to documentation) for the many thousands of different pieces of NAS equipment.

> Also, where do I configure the process to select the auth method based on domain?

  You read the documentation and examples.

  There is no magic button saying "configure what I want".  FreeRADIUS has a large \
number of configuration options, all of which are extensively documented.

  If you want to write some if / then / else rules to do something, then you need to \
understand your requirements and the "unlang" syntax.  Then, just write the rules.  \
If you're not sure how the server works, run  it in debug mode.

  Generally, authentication methods are selected by setting the Auth-Type attribute.  \
See the examples in sites-available/default to know more.

  And domains are represented as strings, in the User-Name attribute.  You can \
compare strings with regular expressions.  See "man unlang".

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html