List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Referencing a module by a ${}-Variable
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2021-01-14 13:43:44

On Jan 14, 2021, at 3:03 AM, freeradius-mlist-users@m20.kunterbunt.de wrote:

> I am trying to set up a freeradius server with several mysql databases for \
> different sets of accounts. The distinguation of the request should happen via the \
> 'nas' table, which points to the different virtual servers.
> So, in the directory "sites-enabled" I have a file defining several virtual \
> servers:
> server wlan {
> instance_name = "wlan"
> $INCLUDE "../sites-available/instances_include"
> }
>
> and within in the "instances_include" I want to refer to a separate instance of the \
> SQL module:
> authorize {
> filter_username
> filter_password
> preprocess
> sql_instance_${.instance_name}
> auth_log
> }

  That doesn't work, unfortunately.

> Is there any possibility to refer to a module by a ${} variable?

  No.  You'd need to patch the code.

  Historically we haven't allowed it, because we're not sure what the use-cases are.  \
But if people find it useful, it's possible to add.

  If the needs are complex, you can use a file template system.  Those are a lot more \
powerful, and don't require code changes in FreeRADIUS,

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html