List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Create new accounting attributes
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2020-11-16 20:32:48

On Nov 16, 2020, at 12:44 PM, juan diego <juandi_092@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In first, this project is for academic purposes for my Master Thesis project. \
> However, in my company they are interested in reviewing the possibility of adding \
> new accounting attributes in a real and production environment.

  Then you need to get a Private Enterprise Number from IANA:

https://pen.iana.org/pen/PenApplication.page

  And then create a dictionary for your company.  At that point, the attributes are \
known to you, and can be hard-coded into the NAS.  And, you can send the dictionary \
to us, so we can include it in FreeRADIUS.

> For now, I would be able to create new simple attributes (two or three) that are \
> added by the NAS and sent to the server to be registered. For example, HTTP / S, \
> FTP or SSH traffic carried by the user during the session.

  You can just pick an unused Private Enterprise Number for local testing.  But don't \
expect to use it in production.  And you'll still need to create a vendor dictionary.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html