List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Auto connect users using freeradius
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2020-08-24 0:22:10

On Aug 23, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Muhammed Buvaydani via Freeradius-Users \
<freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Hello, I  am trying to configure freeradius to auto-authenticate or connect users. \
> let's say I have mac address table which has a whitelist for mac address, how can I \
> configure freeradius to connect these mac address automatically without a web page,

  You don't.

  You configure the NAS to do MAC address authentication.  That sends a RADIUS packet \
with the MAC address to FreeRADIUS.  FreeRADIUS can then look that MAC up in the \
database, and return accept / reject.

> I don't know how can I do that, actually I am working on hotspot system, I can \
> connect users when they send request from a web page, but what about the devices \
> which do not have web browser like (Printer), how can I do that.

  See the hotspot documentation for how to configure MAC address authentication.

  In short, the RADIUS server needs to get MAC addresses in the Access-Request \
packets.  If that doesn't happen, then no amount of poking the RADIUS server will \
make things magically work.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html