List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Bulk and Active  leasequeries
From:       Ivane Porchkhidze <ivporchkhidze () silknet ! com>
Date:       2020-05-29 14:28:34

> > On May 29, 2020, at 3:39 AM, Ivane Porchkhidze <ivporchkhidze@silknet.com> wrote:
> >
> > But as I understand it, this applies to DHCP-Lease-Query (rfc4388), but I meant \
> > Active DHCPv4 Lease Query (rfc7724)
>
> Ah, not.  Streaming DHCPv4 leases over a TCP socket isn't supported in v3.
>
> It might difficult to do in v4, too.  The server is very much designed around a \
> request / response architecture.
> I really wish that the DHCP people would stop inventing database replication.  They \
> tried it with the ISC lease replication protocol years ago, and got it horribly \
> wrong.  With about 10minutes work, I could get ISC into a state where it was \
> broken, and *never* recovered.

Yes, it's sad.

> These active / bulk lease queries are better.  But they're still difficult to \
> implement in FreeRADIUS.  The simplest approach may be to just have a \
> special-purpose handler for them.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If \
you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete \
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message \
in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible \
to change. Silknet shall not be responsible nor liable for the proper and complete \
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in \
its receipt or damage to your system. Silknet does not guarantee that the integrity \
of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of \
viruses, interceptions or interference

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html