List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: User name case insensitivity
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2020-02-21 22:24:07

On Feb 21, 2020, at 5:48 PM, Luveh Keraph <1.41421@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like for my FreeRADIUS 3.0.20 server to match user names to be
> authenticated in a case-insensitive way.

  You want it to match *all* names in a case insensitive way?

> To that effect, I changed the
> contents of /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sradutmp as follows:
>
> radutmp sradutmp {
> filename = ${logdir}/sradutmp
> case_sensitive = "no"

  No... that changes the case insensitivity of the *radutmp* module.  The comments in \
the module make this clear.

> When I launch the FreeRADIUS server with -sfXx in the resulting traces I
> can see that the module above has been loaded, and that the case_sensitive
> attribute is indeed set to "no". However, the FreeRADIUS server remains
> user name case-sensitive. What am I misunderstanding here?

  You're seeing the server run modules which *aren't* radump, and which *don't* take \
any "case_sensitive" parameter.  I'm not sure why editing the "radutmp" module would \
make the "files" or "pap" module be case insensitive.

  In FreeRADIUS, user name lookups are generally done via databases.  If you want the \
lookups to be case insensitive, then change the database queries

  So... which database are you using to look up user names / passwords?

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html