List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: failed linking to libcrypto error during compilation from source
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2019-06-20 11:12:17

> On Jun 20, 2019, at 12:12 AM, Tal Nur via Freeradius-Users \
> <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tried to compile FR from source on my Ubuntu 18.04 server according  the \
> instructions on wiki.freeradius.org.When I run ./configure command I got error:     \
> failed linking to libcrypto error

  What are the *rest* of the errors?  There are usually additional errors, like \
"library not found", or "unknown symbol", etc.

  Please don't post summaries of complex problems.  It's much more productive to copy \
the *actual* errors to the list.

> I found the location of libcrypro.so.1.1. And run again ./configure command with \
>                 explicit path to libcrypto.so..1.1:
> ./configure  --with-openssl-lib-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/But I got again the \
> same error message:             failed linking to libcrypto error How can I fix the \
> problem?

  Without more information, it's impossible to say.

  The build system uses tools from your OS in order to link libraries.  So if linking \
libraries doesn't work, it's generally the fault of the tools in your OS.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html