List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: get statistics for sql connection pool
From:       Daniel Finger <daniel.finger () ewetel ! de>
Date:       2019-06-18 14:26:58

Am 17.06.2019 um 21:37 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> > Looking at the database, only very few connections are really connected (for \
> > example 2 out of 50), there are no slow queries, not much traffic (maybe one or \
> > two packets per second) and I really don't see a reason for this. Restarting \
> > freeRADIUS immediately fixes the problem.
> > I suspect I am using a module (I have 2 own modules running) which does not \
> > return a connection to the connection pool under some circumstances.
> Which version are you running?

I am running version 3.0.19

> > Is it possible to get statistics about the sql connection pool usage? This could \
> > help me size the number of connections I need and get a hint, if I am reaching \
> > the limit, before I hit it.
> There aren't stats available like that.  The connection pool code will print log \
> messages about how many connections are free / open / used.
Now that you are saying it: I'm not having those messages in my log.
I can see them them, when running with -X in debug mode, but not in my
regular logfile:
rlm_sql (sql_os): Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 90 pending slots used

I will double check that I did not break the source code. There should not
be any changes except my own modules, but I will check and look into it.

Greetings,
Daniel
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html