List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: FreeRADIUS accounting to multiple destinations
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2018-07-27 13:56:34

On Jul 27, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Алексей Морозенко \
<alexmorozenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The documentation for the "files" module makes this clear.
>
> https://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/rlm_attr_filter.html \
> <https://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/rlm_attr_filter.html>

  You do realize that "attr_filter" != "files", right?

  You're *not* looking at the documentation for the "files" module.

> In 2.0.1 and earlier versions, the "accounting" section filtered the \
> Accounting-Request, even though it was documented as filtering the response. This \
> issue has been fixed in version 2.0.2 and later versions. The "preacct" section may \
> now be used to filter Accounting-Request packets. The "accounting" section now \
> filters Accounting-Response packets. It's easy to misunderstand.

  Only if you read the wrong documentation.

> It wasn't randomly but it's still unclear where is request and where is reply for \
> first-time reading.

$ man unlang

  The request is the incoming packet.  The reply is... the reply.

> Thanks for help! FreeRADIUS manuals taught me that every word in it is important.

> Instead of P.S.:
> Could you please give me an advice if I could make group match more elegant?
> I have 3 LDAP servers and ~30 groups so FreeRADIUS must go through all the options \
> till first match on all of them. I think this affects client connection time and \
> want to improve it.

  The first thing is to do less group checking.  If you're using PEAP, do the group \
checking for the inner-tunnel.  That will help a lot.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html