List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: IP Camera does not work properly with 802.1X and 3COM 5500 Switch
From:       Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb () freeradius ! org>
Date:       2018-06-29 22:15:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Peter Lambrechtsen <peter@crypt.nz> wrote:
>
> Often CCTV cameras also have a SD card and that should support logging.

...and if not that, the vast majority support syslog.

But yeah I agree with Peter.

SD might be internal, so maybe crack one open?

I guess worst case scenario is it's logging to a ramdisk to save the SD
card, but you can still probably tweak the syslog settings.

> The issue you will face is since there won't be a serial port to diagnose
> the issue the best you will have is logging the output somewhere before you
> need to unplug it and factory reset it to get it back to standard unauthed
> DHCP.

Or if the entire file system is on the SD, look for wpa_supplicant.conf
and you'll be able to configure the supplicant directly.

> I would turn on all EAP methods as you would hope it supports at least TTLS
> or PEAP since I would have assumed it supported EAP-MD5 like my camera
> does. Not that I have setup EAP.

> But the camera manufacturer should be able to tell you what EAP methods it
> supports.
>
> Also it could always be the switch you are using is busted so might be
> worth trying another vendor.

They rarely intercede in the EAP conversation, but I guess it's possible.

-Arran

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]