List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Delegated-IPv6-Prefix & sqlippool
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2017-06-29 11:25:57

On Jun 29, 2017, at 3:07 AM, maxime.gerges@ariane.network wrote:

> I will try to patch the sqlippool module to add the support of assigning IPv6 \
> Prefix Delegation (PD). In order to design the patch I will need the following \
> answers if possible :

  Thanks.

> 1. How is the allocation of both IPv4 and IPv6 address handled ?

  You need two pools.

> By this I was wondering if a user has 2 VP 'Pool-Name' defined, will the sqlippool \
> run twice ?

  No.  You have to configure two pools, and two instances of the sqlippool module.

> As an example a user might have a first VP 'Pool-Name := pool_ipv4' for the IPv4 \
> address allocation and a 'VP Pool-Name := pool_ipv6' for the IPv6 address  \
> allocation.
> 2. Is it even possible to have several Pool-Name VP for a user ?

  Yes.

  The way the module is written, though, it tries to do allocation if it runs.  So \
you will need to use unlang to determine which module to run:

	if (user asked for v4 ) {
		run v4 pool
	}
	else {