List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: MD5 Auth Failure With Local User
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2017-02-26 14:35:38

On Feb 25, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Martin, Jeremy <jmartin@emcc.edu> wrote:
> I am currently freeradius as a potential server and in doing so I am attempting to \
> authenticate some devices using 802.1x that only support md5.  From what I can tell \
> this should be one of the most simplest tasks using freereadius but have as of yet \
> have been successful in doing so.  The setup could not be much simpler, there is a \
> user in the users file and a client in the client configuration file.  The request \
> hits the server but is being rejected and from the debug output I am unable to \
> determine why.  I have reviewed most of the postings on the list serve and read \
> just about all of the documents on the wiki and other sites and everything, unless \
> I am missing something, is configured as documented.

  It should work, but...

> I am including the debug output and my users, if someone could please point me in \
> the right direction I would be greatly appreciative.  The version is 2.2.8 is a \
> fresh and clean install

  Why?  Version 2 is end of life.  There are version 3 packages available in Debian, \
and it's trivial to build your own packages.  See the Wiki:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Debian-and-Ubuntu

  Version 3 has a LOT of new features, and much better debug messages than v2.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html