List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Using radtest on port 1645
From:       Brett Glasson <Brett.Glasson () max ! com ! au>
Date:       2017-02-23 20:52:34

From: Brian Candler [mailto:b.candler@pobox.com]

> You want:

> radtest test testpass 1.2.3.4:1645 1 testing123

> This sets the UDP destination port to 1645, and the NAS-Port attribute to 1

> One other thing: if you are rebuilding this system to replace an ancient \
> FreeRADIUS, please go straight to 3.0.12. FreeRADIUS 2.x is also ancient and \
> although it works, you will get little support for it. The first problem you come \
> across, the most likely response you'll get will be "upgrade to 3.0.12"!

Thanks Brian

The server is part of a legacy LAMP stack that is running in maintenance mode for \
another 12 months while a replacement is implemented. This particular radius server \
is incredibly basic and just provides a single credential for a single upstream host. \
The rest of the stack is CentOS 6 and the Freeradius version I'm using is the \
standard CentOS binary. Rather than go and build radiusd from source for a temporary \
arrangement with such a basic use case I decided to just go with a simple setup. It \
will all be switched off in 12 months or so anyway.

Thanks again

Regards
Brett

-