List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Unresponsive server when debugging
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2017-02-14 15:28:21

On Feb 14, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Lucas Diaz <lucasdiaz@eternet.cc> wrote:

> I'm running a 3.0.11 server with Firebird as the backend database. It works very \
> well.

  That's good to hear.

> I have an issue though when debugging (output to STDOUT): if an authentication \
> query hangs or becomes very slow to respond, during that period of time, the server \
> becomes unresponsive and it can be seen on the log of the nases "Radius server is \
> not responding". Until this happens, it works just fine.

  The only solution is to fix the DB.  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will make the \
DB run faster.

  I'm continually amazed at the number of databases which just don't work.  How can \
you possibly rely on a DB when it takes seconds to respond to simple queries?

> If I launch the server without debug, it authorizes all users super fast (except \
> the ones that are very slow), but it don't "hang" the server. It's like in debug \
> mode threads are not used. Is that right?

  Yes.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html