List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: 802.1x New user on domain computer
From:       Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz () york ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2013-10-29 15:47:15

On 29 Oct 2013, at 13:59, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Davide Garofalo wrote:
> > The problem is when user make logout.
> > The computer remake authentication and it's moved on its vlan (137) but
> > windows doesn't remake an ip renew.
>
> Then it's not a RADIUS issue.  RADIUS is only relevant *before* the
> user authenticates.
>
> > If a new user (never logged in this
> > computer) tries to login, he can't finisch successfully the login
> > because the computer  hasn't an ip address to reach the Active Directory.
> >
> > Someone knows how to solve this problem???
>
> Don't switch VLANs.  Or, ensure that the machine has the same IP
> address on both vlans.

If you're running Windoze XP then what I had to do in the past is macauth the machine \
1st which  places the client in the correct vlan and has an IP address assigned to \
it. About 30 or 40 seconds after the user logs in via the windoze dialogue box the \
dot1x auth happens. Make sure a successful user auth places the machine in the same \
vlan as the mac auth. This ensures the client keeps the same IP address and \
everything works otherwise you get vanishing desktops when the client switches vlans

Win 7 does single signon so just configure it for user auth / single signon and  any \
AD connections only happen after a successful network authentication Rgds

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html