List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Need examples for MSCHAPV2Authenticator
From:       "Wang, Yu" <ywang10 () fsu ! edu>
Date:       2013-07-26 13:23:57

> 1. I am in the process of updating my existing JRadius client to use \
> MSCHAPV2Authenticator. Is there a document or example that explains on how to send \
> the hashed passwords between Radius client and server using this authenticator?

We use Samba Winbind.
Check this link: http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/FreeRADIUS-Active-Directory-Integration-HOWTO/c3661f0a43b3f36eb9a1cda7b719d8349c9d13dd

> 2. As per Wiki, it seems to be mandatory to mention CA issued certificates.
> Is there an example that uses certificates for mutual authentication?

The same link has an example for it too (under EAP tls clause).

> 3. Based on different authenticators available in JRadius, MSCHAPV2 seems to be the \
> strongest authentication possible. Is that understanding fair?
MSCHAPV2 is not strong. But you have TLS tunnel established so it should be ok.

https://www.cloudcracker.com/blog/2012/07/29/cracking-ms-chap-v2/

Yu Wang