List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Domain Group Authentication
From:       Brian Julin <BJulin () clarku ! edu>
Date:       2011-12-28 3:31:04

Automate an export of the list of WiFi MAC addresses of your managed computers from \
the DC.  Then in post-auth, query that list (we use an SQL database) and use the \
result to alter the tunnel-group-ID sent back in the outer reply.  Users can spoof \
their MAC addresses, of course, but as long as you are doing this mainly to contain \
contagion rather than high security, it is satisfactory.

The other option in a managed environment is of course to use TLS for the managed \
computers and install certs.  You could even embed the MAC address into the cert and \
check that that matches the Calling-Station-ID.  Still spoofable, of course, but \
barring a hardware crypto solution, everything is to a pro.