List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Installing Third Part Certificate on FreeRadius
From:       Jacob Dawson <dawson () vt ! edu>
Date:       2011-12-27 19:44:22

The extra info outside of the 'BEGIN CERTIFICATE' and 'END CERTIFICATE' lines is just \
extra, informative stuff you can get openssl to generate for you when you put \
together your file.

On further reflection, I believe I was mistaken.  Looks like we stuff all the \
useful-to-freeradius certs in ca.pem (our server ca, our network access CA that signs \
all the certificates clients use to connect via TLS, etc), while the .crt file is \
where we put the actual service certificate and its pedigree.  Makes sense, because I \
had some headaches learning about how FR varies in the way its cert is put together, \
namely, while I was handed the certificate and its chain in two separate files, like \
we use on some of our web servers, I had to cat them into a single cert file for FR, \
as opposed to stuffing the cert chain into ca.pem.

Good learning experience.
- Jacob

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html