List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: freeRADIUS+samba3.0.1+AD(multiple domains)
From:       Hangjun He <elmerhe () yahoo ! com ! cn>
Date:       2008-02-29 3:12:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Great news!

  We are using krb5-1.3.2 and samba-3.0.1. These 2 version support multiple domains?
  Can you give me some example about how to configure krb5.conf and smb.comf?

  Thanks.
  John

Joe Vieira <jvieira@clarku.edu> дµÀ£º

> > But there are multiple domains in active-directory. How to configure
> > freeRADIUS or samba can let it support multiple domains?

> FreeRADIUS just used Samba to do authentication with AD. The winbind
> && ntlm_auth API used in Samba cannot authenticate to multiple domains.

that's not entirely true, you can (and i do) get samba to auth to multiple domains. \
the domains either need to be in the same forest,and or have full trusts back and \
forth. (i also found that adding them each to your kerberos config helps)

basically you join to one of them and you should be able to enumerate all the users \
from both thru winbind or getent...

Joe

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html