List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: repeat until success?
From:       "Alan DeKok" <aland () deployingradius ! com>
Date:       2006-09-30 20:07:44

Michael Proft <proft@medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> passwd passwd {
>                 filename = /etc/shadow
>                 format = "*User-Name:*User-Password:::::"

  You've got two fields marked as key.  See "man rlm_passwd".

> authorize looks like:
>
> authorize {
>     preprocess
>     redundant {
>       passwd
>       notfound = return
>     }

  Huh?  Why are you doing that?  The documentation does not have *any*
example that looks like that.  And the documentation explains how to
create real "redundant" sections that work.  It explains what they do, too.

>     group {
>       passwd {

  Again, why?  I have no idea what you think you're doing here.

> in users file i got:

  And you didn't list "files" in "authorize", so the "users" file is
never used.

  Stop making massing changes to the config.  Start with the default
configuration, and work from there.

  Alan DeKok.
-