List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    freeradius and mysqld.sock location problem
From:       Ben Dowling <bendowling () lineone ! net>
Date:       2005-08-29 17:57:10

Hi,

I am having problems with freeradius connecting to a mysql database.
Freeradius reports the error:

rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

The mysqld.sock file is acutally located at /home/system/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock, \
so I created a symlink to that file in /var/run/mysqld, and now freeradius reports \
the same error, but with a (13) at the end instead of a (2). Is there anyway to \
configure freeradius to look in the correct location, or is there another work \
around?

Thanks in advance, Ben

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html