List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: sequence
From:       "Alan DeKok" <aland () ox ! org>
Date:       2005-05-27 16:47:50

Edgars <edzix19@inbox.lv> wrote:
> But is it possible to have a chain of authentication modules, each
> performing its own task on the request, for example, rlm_passwd to
> modify the client's request (based on username, insert some
> additional attributes there),

  That's not authentication.  And the passwd module already does that
in the "authorize" section.

>  then one more rlm_passwd to check plain-text passwords, and then
> rlm_users to compose the reply?

  Composing the reply can go into the "post-auth" section.

  I don't understand why you want to put everything into the
"authenticate" section.  Please read the server docs to see what the
various sections do, and how they're called.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html