List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    ppp authentication & proxy timeout
From:       "Michael Markstaller" <mm () elabnet ! de>
Date:       2005-04-28 8:58:04

Hi,

I'm just having a discussion about proxy-timeouts with a downstreaming requesting it \
to be at least 30 seconds..  Besides that  don't see why this piece of crap there \
should be given 30 secs to do a simple authentication ;) I'm concerned this will \
break up my failover in case any primary RADIUS in the chain is really down;

Does anybody know how long a "default" Windows RAS modem/isdn client with (W2k/XP \
which is 99% of the users) will wait for ppp (CHAP/PAP) authentication before \
spitting out a timeout error on the client ? Googling for this I found nothing so far \
what the maximum timeout is..

Because it's impossible to change any setting on the dialup-client for sure I guess \
this is the most important part which all other timeouts need to be adjusted to.

TIA, Michael

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html