List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: migration to freeradius
From:       "Alan DeKok" <aland () ox ! org>
Date:       2004-10-29 16:17:15

Wade Kemp <wkemp@wcnet.org> wrote:
> Hello, I have an interesting problem.  We are trying to migrate from
> Merit radius 3.6B to freeradius. It seems to work for 99%
> of the users, however about 1% of the users, it fails to receive a
> password for.

  for the user?  That's odd.  The NAS sends packets, and doesn't know
what kind of server it's sending packets to.  So switching from Merit
to FreeRADIUS makes *zero* difference to the packets sent by the NAS.

  I doubt very much that what you described is the problem.  Can you
post a debug log from FreeRADIUS of a request which works with Merit,
but not with FreeRADIUS?

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html