List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Max number of realms FreeRadius Can handle.
From:       "David" <david () lolling ! org>
Date:       2004-08-31 16:45:43

Hello,

I am currently running 2 production FreeRadius servers (version 1.0.0)
on Redhat 9.0 tied to a single dedicated M$ SQL server backend.  The
SQL server is used primarily for radius accounting but also contains
username/password information for half a dozen realms.

The radius servers are used primarily for proxying but we do have
some local realms.  Both radius servers are identical in terms
of hardware, specs and radius configuration.  The two radius
servers have identical proxy.conf files and are used to split
the total load.

Setting hardware considerations aside for the moment, what is
the max number of realms that FreeRadius can proxy to?

I currently proxy to over 60 realms and have to add another
28 realms and I am wondering if it isn't time to redesign
things.

Thanks,

Dave

-