List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re[2]: 1.0.0. Problems with check-radiusd-config and rlm_perl
From:       magmike () mail ! ru
Date:       2004-08-31 18:15:25

august, 31 2004 at 21:07:13 Alan wrote:

>> 1. check-radiusd-config  doesn't work with 1.0.0.
>> because -p option is deprecated.
>> why? IMHO, check-radiusd-config is userfull, when need to check new config
>> while working instance is running. So option -p have to be (IMHO).

>   The intent is to move to a better way of checking the configuration.

>   i.e. like having the server re-load it's configuration files into a
> "temporary" structure, and then revert to the existing configuration
> if there's a problem reading teh new one.

rlm_perl, have to reread scripts-file(s).
what happend with perl's instance if there are
errors in scripts? i think radiusd will crashes.
I always run "perl -c radius.pl" after editing radius.pl,
But running radiusd via check-radiusd-config is more reliably.

Some time ago, when rlm_perl was very unstable, i prefer to restart
radiusd. now i use rlm_perl from Jul,12 snapshot and it looks very
stable. But i prefer restart radiusd anyway.

Best Regards,
  Mike

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html