List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Multiple session problem?
From:       "Russell Brenner" <russellb () ains ! net ! au>
Date:       2004-07-29 14:07:13

Yes, the Simtaneous-Use attribute isn't set actually. I actually fixed this
by switching the way the sessions are stored from radutmp to sql .. Works
fine now incidentally. Not sure if that's just because the session table is
clear tho....

Russell.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Russell Brenner wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Having an odd problem, I don't have simultaneous use integrated yet but
when
> a user already has a active session (not neccessairly and active L2TP
> session, but freeradius just doesn't have a stop record for them) and they
> are using a realm I get the following in the freeradius logs:
>
> Thu Jul 29 12:05:13 2004 : Auth: Multiple logins (max 1) [MPP attempt]:
>
> The same user can authenticate if they don't use the realm but the minute
> the realm is used I get the above error... any ideas?
>
> I'm using a Cisco 7200 VXR as a LNS/NAS...
>
> What NAS type should be set in clients.conf?

Simultaneous-Use detection is not turned off by changing the nas type, but
by
not setting the Simultaneous-Use attribute.

> --
> Kind Regards,
>
> Russell
>

> -

Kostas Kalevras		Network Operations Center
kkalev@noc.ntua.gr	National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Work Phone:		+30 210 7721861

-