List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Vendor Specific attribute in authorization packet
From:       "Shah, Nishant B" <nshnt4u () neo ! tamu ! edu>
Date:       2004-04-29 16:19:27

Access-Request packet looks like:
User-Name = user1
Password = user1pass
NAS-IP-Address = 9.3.14.71
Cisco-AVPair = "vpdn:ipaddresses=192.168.0.1"

and user user1 is defined in users file with password user1pass, also Cisco-
AVPair = "vpdn:ipaddresses=192.1.1.1" is defined in usersfile for that user.
If I want to authorize user1 based on password and that value of cisco-
avpair, how can I configure server.

Access-Accept packet came with
Recieved response ID 10, code 5, length = 38
     Cisco-AVPair = "vpdn:ipaddresses=192.1.1.1".

Thanks Alan,

Nishant

Alan DeKok <aland@ox.org> said:

> "Shah, Nishant B" <nshnt4u@neo.tamu.edu> wrote:
> >       I have a cisco router between user sending access-request and
> > server. I want router to route the fax request(fax machine on the
> > network) by authorizing the user's request using RADIUS.
>
>   Ok...  your terminology is a little wrong, which doesn't help.
>
> >       I want to put Cisco-Fax-Pages=5 in my access-request packet so that
> > user can send only 5 fax pages. For that user needs to be authorized by
> > RADIUS according to this vendor-specific attribute.
>
>   No.
>
>   Access-Requests contain whatever the NAS sends.
>
>   Access-Accept's contain the response from the server.
>
>   Use the correct terminology.
>
> >    Can you tell me ohw can I configure server to do this. I apologise if
the
> >  problem is not clear. Please reply me and I will revert it.
>
>   Umm... Ok.
>
>   Please send a sample of an Access-Request you get from the NAS, and
> an Access-Accept which you would like FreeRADIUS to send back.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Nishant Shah