List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Still having problems with 0.9.2
From:       Jeff Palmer <scorpio () drkshdw ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 19:47:39

> > Any further help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.  Cistron does
> > the job,  but I've got plans to offer new features/services that I will
> not
> > be able to use Cistron for.
>
>   Make the response packets identical.  Nothing else will work.
>
>   Heck, post the response packets from Cistron & FreeRADIUS to the
>list.  Odds are I may be able to figure out what's wrong, just from
>that.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Alan,  I appreciate your offer of help.  However,  a user posted a
suggestion off-list,  that helped tremendously.  It helped me pinpoint the
problem (Apparently I'm not setting up the users file correctly.)  For
those interested in his suggestion,  it was  "backup your users to
users.bak then copy your users file from cistron, and set compat = cistron
in radiusd.conf,  if that lets them login,  it's definitely something in
your "users"

So I tried it.   I could actually log in.   It didn't assign the correct
IP,  but I'm sure I can figure that out when I redo the users file.
It was odd though.  It was assigning the first 2 octets with what Id set in
the users file,  the 3rd octet,  it would set to 194 (should have been 116)

Anyhow,   at least I have a decent idea of what I missed.   I'll go through
/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary and figure out which settings I have
wrong.

On a side note,   I really enjoy writing documentation and howto's.   When
I have a decent grasp of Freeradius,  I may volunteer to help write/update
documentation.  Of course,  when I do, I'll be posting here
often.  Sometimes for clarification of a feature I don't use,  or to make
sure my documentation is accurate ;-)

Thanks again.