List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: Dialup_admin problems
From:       "Rob Simkins" <rob () wifipod ! com>
Date:       2003-06-30 9:18:33

Hi Andrew/list,

Sorry I do not have a response to your question, I am developing
something very similar to your system.

I was wondering if you would mind me asking you questions when I get
stuck. This is my first SQL/RADIUS project and I was hoping to get some
direction from this list. I need to develop a hotspot management system
for wifipod (my new employer) so that we can authenticate and bill
users.

We were looking at FUNK SBR but we would obviously prefer to save money
and do it in-house. We want to use Colubris CN3000s at the hotspot
locations and use the "white pages" as web-portals to get the user info
to our MySQL database at our HQ. This can then be authenticated using
RADIUS.

It is the initial stage of the project so we are looking at feasibility
and timelines right now.

How long do you think it would take me to do assuming I can create
decent tables and I am new to FreeRADIUS development?

All the best,

Rob

rob@wifipod.com
www.wifipod.com