List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Multiple SQL Query for the same event
From:       Navid Sheikhol Eslami <nsheik () wizones ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 20:54:03

Hello everybody, I just joined the mailing list today :)

Yesterday I downloaded freeradius 0.8.1 and configured it with no
problem, I currently use SQL as authentication mechanism.

My only question is: is there a way to execute more than one query for
each event (start,stop,interim,on,off) ?

Unfortunatly I use mySQL which doesn't support user defined functions
(at least without recompiling mysql) and the authentication scheme is
complicated enough to need more than one query :)

I hacked the source and added a "accounting_prestart_query", and it was
working, but then i noticed that by adding that field in the memory
structs something was messed up and the following variables data was
kinda shuffled.. before getting myself into the code i thought i would
ask around if anybody had a better way to do it :)

Right now I have the additional queries "built-in" the source, but
that's such a nasty solution :)

Any help, idea or suggestion is really appreciated

Navid