List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: radiusd statup problem
From:       Alex Gutaga <gutaga () moldtelecom ! md>
Date:       2003-04-30 10:50:15

> >> My problem is that freeradius do not start when i change user/group
> >> settings in radiusd.conf to others than root.
> >>
> >> radiusd.conf settings:
> >> User = radius
> >> Group = radius
> >>

> >> Error log:
> >> rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_postgresql: file not found
> >> rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in
> >> the search path of your system's ld. radiusd.conf[10]: sql: Module
> >> instantiation failed.
>
> AG> check your folders attributes. Does have user radius access to the
> libraries AG> located somewhere in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> Yes it have. user "radius" have access to all files in freeradius
> install directory. Library path is added to ld.so.conf but when i run
> ldconfig -p it onluy shows one library
> /usr/local/freeradius/lib:
>         libradius-0.9-pre.so -> libradius-0.9-pre.so

ldd sbin/radiusd
you will see libraries needed for radiusd

seems the sql modules are loaded dynamicaly and it doesn't loading when
freeradius just starting, it loads only if you activated it in your
configuration files.

So i supose to you to do something like that:
ldd lib/rlm_sql_postgresql.so
you will see libraries needed for postgres
try to see where libs for: "rlm_sql_postgresql" are located and check if it
possible by user "radius" to link this libraries.

i'm not sure

Alex