List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Instructions on howto setup Cisco LEAP with FreeRadius
From:       "Alan DeKok" <aland () ox ! org>
Date:       2003-03-31 18:44:07

david tran <david_d_tran@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is the instruction on how to setup Cisco LEAP with FreeRadius.
> I am NOT an expert with FreeRadius so I am sure this "howto" has
> shortcomings in it.  Please feel to make comments and changes to the
> documentation.

  I've taken a look at the default 'radiusd.conf', and updated it so
that LEAP will work by default.

> 8) in the users file, specify a test account.  For
> example:
> "dtran" Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "123456"

  I would recommend NOT doing that.  That will tell the server to do
LEAP authentication, even if there's no LEAP in the request.

> Uncomment the "passwd" and "shadow":

  This has nothing to do with LEAP, and should not be in the same
document.

  Alan DeKok.