List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Tru64: Problem with cluster alias
From:       Reinhold Fischer <fischer () dataweb-dev ! datakom ! at>
Date:       2003-02-27 17:04:20

Hi!

I want to run FreeRadius under Tru64 Unix 5.1a with a two
Member Cluster with failover.

This means, I have a script with the funktions start/stop/check.
The cluster software uses this script for start/stop and in
defined intervals to check, if the process is running. If
not, it tries to start the service for a defined count times
on the same member and if this fails, it will start it on
the other member.

With Tru64 Cluster I have a cluster alias (cluster ip address),
which can be used to contact the member, which is running the
service. The member answers the request and all is fine, but
not with radius.

It is neccessary, that the recipient ip address is the same
as the ip address, the request was sent to.

Normaly I define in /etc/clua_services "radius 1812/udp
in_multi,out_alias", which means that the recipient ip address
should be the cluster alias ip address.

Normaly this works, but not with FreeRadius!

I contacted the HP Support and they told me, that the software
must also support this feature.

How can I activate this feature or does HP told me bullshit?

Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,

Ing. Reinhold Fischer
Network Operation, Broadband
IP Server Operation