List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    RE: init.d script on debian
From:       "Paul Hampson" <Paul.Hampson () Pobox ! Com>
Date:       2003-01-31 4:51:00

The dpkg-buildpackage script should have stopped and
told you that it couldn't go on without certain files...

Can you give more detail on what about the build was failing?

The fastest (to my mind) way of disabling certain modules would
be to remove them from src/modules/stable and (if neccessary)
remove them from line 43 of debian/rules.
("for modname in krb5 ldap mysql postgresql; do \")

I've not tried this though, but I _think_ it would be
sufficient. And it involves turning off sql or eap as
a group, rather than database by database or protocol by
protocol.

I think you'd also want certain patches to the build process
which I can email to you off-list if you like. Trivial stuff,
like removing redundant directories, and fixing the
permission-dropping entries in the config file.

> but anyways, '/etc/init.d/radiusd stop' doesn't stop
> the radius. anyone
> working on debian or know what should be fixed to get
> it to stop correctly?

> freeRadius 0.8.1
> file in question: freeradius-0.8.1/debian/initscript

Check that these values are correct, and point to where you've
got freeradius installed. I suspect the pidfile argument
you're using is wrong, which means that start-stop-daemon can't
find the pid of the radius daemon to kill... The directory listed
here (/var/run/radiusd-freeradius) probably doesn't exist or
doesn't
have the right permissions... If you're using the user-switch
code,
the directory must be writeable by the user you're switching
_to_.

prog="radiusd"
program="/usr/sbin/radiusd"
pidfile="/var/run/radiusd-freeradius/radiusd.pid"
descr="FreeRADIUS daemon"

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Network Architect, Videohost Pty Ltd
Paul@Videohost.com.au