List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Radius authentication using RSA/SecurID ACE-Server
From:       Vincent_Giovannone () rush ! edu
Date:       2003-01-30 14:47:43

Unfortunately, no, there is no plug in so that freeradius can directly
authenticate against an ACE server.

I have been in contact with RSA on this issue.  RSA's response was
basically, 'We've never heard of freeradius, so piss off.'  I even offered
to write the freeradius plug in.  RSA's reply was that if I wrote a plug
in, that I'd be in violation of the RSA licensing agreement if I were to
give the code back to the freeradius project for distribution.

So the long and the short of it is this:  IF YOU WANT FREERADIUS TO
SUPPORT SECURID -->EVER<--, CONTACT YOUR RSA REP (if you need an address
to contact let me know) AND DEMAND THEY SUPPORT IT!  (Then _maybe_ they'll
let me write a plugin that doesn't violate the licensing agreement.
Maybe.)

-----

What you _can_ do in the interim is proxy against the piss poor radius
server built into ACE, but that's a sub-sub-sub optimal solution.

Vincent Giovannone
Network Infrastructure Group
Information Services Division
Rush - Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center

"So for the IT Manager Role, you want someone who's absolute crap, looks
reasonable on paper, and won't cause too much trouble. ...  Well I don't
have any MCSEs on my books at the moment, but I could call around."    --
Simon Travaglia

"Frank Sackewitz" <FSackewitz@hasco.com>
Sent by: freeradius-users-admin@lists.cistron.nl
01/30/2003 02:23 AM