List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: compile problem (CVS): no "clients" symbol
From:       Toni Mueller <support-freeradius () oeko ! net>
Date:       2002-10-31 16:47:43

Hi Alan,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 11:22:11AM -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Toni Mueller <support-freeradius@oeko.net> wrote;
> > I can stick a random "RADCLIENT *clients" in somewhere, but am not
> > convinced that this would be an appropriate solution. FWIW, in

>   No.  I've been going through the code the past few days, and
> deleting global variables.  They're bad, and I hate them.

nice to hear! I also tend to keep only some pointers global if
I must, and hang everything dynamically beneath them.

>   Instead, I'm moving the old global variables into, well, a new
> global data structure.  It's better for reasons I can't really
> explain.

[ just for my curiosity, and for polishing my rusty C a bit ]
That's what I probably saw in radiusd.h. It's better contained
that way, so if this should not be aliased globally, the other
option is to modify the references to it to include the global
object's dereferencing/subscripting. Right?

>   I'll commit a fix to radius_snmp.c today.

Thank you!

Best,
--Toni++