List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Problems with MySQL authentication
From:       Nick Davis <ndavis () iexposure ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 15:29:28

> > root@localhost# radtest radman2 testing localhost 10 <sekret> 2 <NAS
> > hostname> Sending Access-Request of id 128 to 127.0.0.1:1812
> >         User-Name = "radman2"
> >         User-Password = "\2529M\234\353,\006w\2657K\346m\301\022@"
> >         NAS-IP-Address = <NAS hostname>
> >         NAS-Port-Id = "10"
> >         Framed-Protocol = PPP
> > rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id8,
> > length  rad_decode: Received Access-Reject packet from 127.0.0.1 with
> > invalid signature!
> > ^^^^^^^
>
>   ^^^^^^^^^
>
> > output from radiusd -X
>
> [...]
>
> >   WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. ?  Double-check the
> > shared secret on the server and the NAS!
> >
> > ****************
> > This WARNING says check my secret, but I know that is correct for sure.
> > From
>
> Are you _really really_ sure you have your shared secret correct? Both
> the "invalid signature" error radtest gives and the warning from radiusd
> indicate that the shared secrets don't match.
> Could you paste the relevant section from raddb/clients.conf?

You were correct in saying that I used an incorrect secret. I looked at my
clients.conf and I saw that there are different secrets for localhost, and my
NAS's. I guess I didn't understand that I needed to use the secret for
localhost, I was using the secret for my NAS. Once, I used the secret for
localhost, everything works great!!

Thanks for the excellent support everyone!

Nick

--
Nick Davis
Associate Systems Administrator

(612)676-1946
Web Development-Web Marketing-ISP Services