List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    No User-Name attribute Patch - Submitting
From:       "Carlos Velasco" <carlosev () newipnet ! com>
Date:       2002-01-31 17:53:07

Hello,

I had a problem trying to proxy Acct Requests from Hiper NMC card of TotalControl \
1000 RAS. The problem is that the Hiper NMC sends Acct. packets without User-Name \
atribute.

I thought about proxying them asigning the NULL realm to these Acct. Request and have \
implemented a change in the rlm_realm.c module.

Here's the diff:

75,77d74
<        *
<        *      Also, if there's no User-Name attribute, we can't
<        *      proxy it, either.
79,80c76,77
<       if ((request->proxy != NULL) ||
<           (request->username == NULL)) {
---

> if (request->proxy != NULL) {
82c79
<       }
---
> }
84a82,95
> *      Also, if there's no User-Name attribute
> *      Passing it to NULL realm with empty username.
> */
>
> if (request->username == NULL) {
> username = namebuf;
> namebuf[0] = '\0';