List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Accounting not working for Computone PowerRack Terminal Server
From:       aland () striker ! ottawa ! on ! ca
Date:       2002-01-30 18:08:02

"Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali" <masroor@cse.buet.edu> wrote:
> >   There is no "Accounting CHAP Secret".  There is no "RADIUS Chap
> > Secret".
>
> I copied these names from the NAS menu, so whether these exist or not
> can be better verified by Computone people.

  Then either their documentation/menus should be updated to describe
what those fields mean, OR the menus should be fixed to use RFC
standard names.

  If Computone can't get simple names correct, I'm not convinced that
they'll be able to get more complicated things like RADIUS correct.

> Already done long time ago. Otherwise authentication could not be
> done.

  Accounting is different.

  Maybe you have one shared secret for authentication on the Computone
box, and a different one for accounting.

> The problem with our problem is that whatever is being suggested by
> the kind netizens, our acquintances, have already been tried.

  Then I'd suggest talking to the Computone people, and asking them
exactly how their NAS works.

  Alan DeKok.